Zippers are a functional necessity for most clothing, bags and home products, but zipper pulls and pullers are where you get to express some personality and style. From simple plastic tape pulls to customized metal zipper charms, zipper pullers have a fascinating history and endless options.
The Origin of the Zipper Pull
The zipper head origin first appeared on clothing in the early 20th century as a way to more easily fasten boots, dresses, coats and jackets. Early zippers used simple tape pulls that matched the color of the zipper tape. Around World War II, plastic zipper pulls started becoming popular as an inexpensive and lightweight option.
The modern zipper puller for clothing as we know it today is thought to have originated in the late 1940s and 1950s. During this time, zipper manufacturers began experimenting with different types of zipper head orign and sliders to make the pulls more stylish and decorative. Novelty plastic zipper pulls shaped like fruit, animals and other objects appeared and zipper pulls became a fun way to add personal details to otherwise basic clothing.
The Rise of Customized Zipper Pulls
In the 1960s and 1970s, customized and branded metal zipper charms came on the scene and really took the zipper puller trend to the next level. Companies started using personalized logo metal zipper pullers as promotional items. And fashion brands added customized zipper pulls to high-end clothing and accessories.
Today, customized zipper pulls are big business. Zipper puller manufacturers offer a vast array of shapes, dangles and metal charms that can be personalized with logos, text, symbols or graphics. Customers can select from standard metal zipper pulls in a variety of finishes or design their own completely unique zipper puller.
Types of Zipper Pullers
There are many different types of zipper pulls available to suit any style or aesthetic:
• Basic plastic tape pulls – Invisible but functional
• Novelty plastic charms – Bright colors, themed shapes
• Standard metal charms – Ball, arrow and rectangle shapes
• Customized logo metal zipper puller – Perfect for branding and giveaways
• Leather zipper pulls – Premium, handcrafted leather options
• Wood zipper pulls – Eco-friendly and naturally beautiful wood zipper heads
• Beaded zipper pulls – Add dimension and texture with beads
• Chain zipper pulls – Simple yet stylish chains
• Rubber zipper pulls – Grippy and colorful rubber zipper pulls
• And so much more! The possibilities are truly endless.
Use Cases for Custom Zipper Pullers
Customized logo metal zipper pullers are perfect for:
• Corporate apparel – Add your company logo to employee uniforms and branded clothing
• Promotional products – Distribute branded zipper pulls as inexpensive yet memorable giveaways
• Clothing brands – Add a custom zipper pull to high-end jackets, bags and accessories as a signature detail
• School Spirit – Custom zipper pulls with your school mascot or logo are a fun addition to uniforms and sports gear
• Personal Projects – Make personalized leather or beaded zipper pulls for a one-of-a-kind handcrafted gift
In the end, zipper pulls are about making a functional element into a unique creative and stylistic expression. Whether you go with subtle and simple or bold and graphic, the right zipper puller can really bring an extra dash of personality. Certainly, it may finish to any zippered item.
So don’t overlook the potential of zipper pullers – they may seem like a small detail. However, the right customized zipper charm could be the perfect accents to make your clothing truly your own. So Do bags and everyday items.