Sewing snap buttons onto your clothing items can add functionality, durability, and style. Snap buttons are a versatile closure alternative to zippers and are worth learning how to attach.
Snap Buttons Exactly Application For Clothing
Snap buttons come in a variety of colors and sizes to suit your clothing needs. They are small, flat elements that can easily be sewn onto shirts, jackets, pants, tablecloths, and more. Snap buttons for clothing provide the following benefits:
• Easy on and off. Snap buttons are quick and simple for the wearer to open and close. They require minimal dexterity and are a great option for children’s clothing.
• Adjustable fit. Snap closures allow items like coats and jackets to be adjusted for a custom fit. You can leave a few buttons open for comfort or snap them all for a more tailored look.
• More durable than regular buttons. The snap mechanism of the buttons makes them highly resistant to popping off during regular wear and washing.
• Easy to replace individual snaps. If a single snap breaks, you only need to replace that one instead of sewing on an entire row of new buttons.
Overview About Four Part Snap Buttons
Most basic snap buttons have two parts: the stud and the socket. However, for secure closure on thick fabrics, consider using four-part snap buttons. These have an additional inner stud and socket. The outer parts are sewn to the fabric while the inner parts snap together to provide double the holding power.
To attach four-part snaps, sew the outer sockets and studs to opposite sides of your fabric. Then, insert the inner parts by snapping them together through the fabric. The inner parts will be secured inside the outer parts.
With a little practice, sewing snap buttons onto your clothing and other projects becomes quick and easy. The versatility and benefits of snaps make them a clever closure option you’ll keep coming back to for years to come.
Custom Snap Buttons
When sewing snap buttons onto your projects, you have a choice between standard snap buttons or custom options. Custom snap buttons allow you to match the color, size, and shape of snaps exactly to your needs. You can order:
• Colored snaps in nearly any thread color you desire
• Larger snaps for heavy-duty use like on tool belts
• Clover-shaped metal snaps instead of the standard round snaps